People have been using and burning incense for a long time now. They used it for various reasons that were mostly spiritual. Nowadays, people burn incense to get focus, to aid meditation, to release stress, and for relaxation. A lot of aromatic materials and ingredients are used to make incense. They include non-toxic flowers, resins, plant roots, frankincense, cinnamon, sandalwood, myrrh, musk, and so on. A combustible binding ingredient is also included. It is what gives it the ability to produce smoke or burn. Such materials could be wood powder or charcoal.
Forms Of Incense
Incense comes in various forms. They could be:
- Incense Sticks
- Incense Powder
1. Ensure that you burn the incense sticks only in a well-ventilated area. You wouldn't want to choke on the smoke.
2. Never use or burn incense sticks if you are an asthmatic patient. Also, if you suffer from any respiratory disease, do not use incense sticks.
3. Expectant mothers shouldn't burn incense sticks. The smoke may harm you and your baby. If you must burn it, seek the advice of a professional doctor before doing so.
4. Keep all incense sticks away from kids and pets. Kids may play around with it and before you know it, that might just light it up. This won't be good at all. Keep them in places where they cannot reach it.
5. If you are burning incense sticks, keep your pets away. They may be sensitive to them.
6. Use a burner while burning an incense stick. The ash from the sticks will drop in them.
7. They are very good for mindfulness purposes.
8. Never leave a burning incense stick unattended. It isn't safe to do so.